INGREDIENTS... Recipe by iSaamuel
For the Water Roux;
1/2 Cup of Water,
1/6 Cup of Flour.
For the Bread Dough;
2 and 1/2 Cups of Bread Flour,
5 Tbsp of Sugar,
3 Tbsp of Butter,
2 Tsp of Yeast,
1/2 Cup of Milk,
1. Mix the ingredients for the Water Roux on a saucepan on Low Heat. Keep whisking/mixing until the mixture thickens and leaves a 'trail' behind. Then, set aside and let it cool!
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (Bread Flour, Sugar and Yeast) until well combined and pour into a larger mixing bowl. (Stand Mixer Bowl)
3. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together (Milk, Egg and Water Roux) until the mixture is well mixed through out. Then, pour the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
4. On a stand mixer, mix the mixture on low speed for 2 minutes until it forms a soft ball.
5. Add in the butter a tablespoon at a time, mixing after each tablespoon until the mixture is smooth, but it shouldn't be dough like.
6. Knead the mixture on high speed, for about 17-20 minutes until the dough is very smooth and elastic.
Don't have a stand mixer? Knead the dough fully for 25-30
How do you know when the dough is fully kneaded?
When you stretch out a piece of dough, it should not break-apart easily, but it should be stretched out until really thin and becomes translucent, and you can practically see from the dough. (See video for more details).
7. Place the dough in a well-greased bowl and cover the dough with a tea-towel to rise in a warm place (Microwave with a Cup of Hot Water) for 40 minutes or until double in size.
How do you know when the dough has 'rised' enough?
'Dip' your finger in flour, and then 'dip' your finger in the dough and leave an indent, if the indent stays, then your dough has risen enough!
8. Place dough on a clean surface and divide the dough into two pieces.
9. Form each piece into a dough ball, and place them in a greased baking loaf pan.
10. Cover the dough and let it rise for 40 minutes or until double in size.
11. 40 minutes later, whisk together 1 Egg and 1 Tbsp of Water for the Eggwash, and brush over the bread before baking.
12. Bake at 180c for 25-30 minutes or until the bread springs back when touched! (:
This is the best bread recipe that I have ever come across, this also so easy to make and guarantees you every time with soft, fluffy white bread! Serve with a big tab of butter with some jam and you will impress everyone!~ Please make this wonderful recipe for your friends and family~! (: