It seems that nowadays cupcakes are the next big thing, but I find that the ones from many bakeries are too sweet... The icing is packed full of powdered sugar, not to mention that the actual cake itself is loaded with a ton of butter and sugar, as if it wasn't sweet enough. Many cupcakes now come in endless varieties of flavors which then has a load of artificial flavor and coloring added- yuck!
I have come up with a recipe, that is much healthier and delicious, as I have cut down on the butter and sugar, and I also find that it has a softer texture than most cupcake recipes out there! I hope you enjoy me recipe!
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
1/2 Cup of Sugar,
1 Tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract,
2 Tbsps of Melted Butter,
1/2 Cup of Fresh Milk,
1/2 Cup of Cake Flour.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Eggs and the Sugar until the mixture doubles in volume and becomes thick and creamy. This step takes about 5-10 minutes to reach its maximum volume and texture!
2. Gradually sift in your Cake Flour and whisk gently to incorporate everything. Do not overmix otherwise you'll have tough bread-like cupcakes!
3. In another bowl, whisk Melted Butter along with Milk and Vanilla Extract and pour this mixture into your cake batter.
4. Stir gently until everything's combined but don't mix for too long as the cake batter will develop gluten! The cake batter should be at a nice and creamy consistency!
5. Line your Cupcake Pan with Cupcake liners and scoop the batter with an Ice-Cream scoop or with two spoons, and divide the mixture equally between the liners.
6. Bake at 180c for about 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cupcake.