Friday, 14 February 2014
These rich, chocolatey and fudgy brownies are perfect for your loved ones on Valentine's Day! These are so decadent and will get everyone talking about how you made these so easily, with a professional result- come and try these delicious treats!
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate or 1/2 Cup Milk and Dark,
- 2 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter,
- 1/4 cup of Sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder,
- 2 tablespoons of Flour,
- 2 Eggs
1. Whip eggs and sugar until pale, but not thick, but instead roughly doubled in size.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter, and whisk into the egg mixture.
3. Stir flour and cocoa powder until roughly combined- do not over-mix.
4. Pour into a lined rectangular baking brownie pan- sprinkle on Walnuts (optional) before baking.
5. Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until the edges are set but the center should be slightly 'gooey. '
6. Let the brownies cool, dust and garnish with powdered sugar!
Serve with your favorite ice cream and chocolate sauce for your loved one this Valentine's Day!
Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside- this is a perfect sweet cookie that you can re-create at home, impressing friends and family with them having thought these just came out of a famous French patisserie!
- 40g of Egg Whites,
- 16g of Caster Sugar,
- 75g of Powdered Sugar,
- 10g of Cocoa Powder, (replace with more Powdered Sugar if wanting plain macarons)
- 50g of Almond Flour,
- 60g of Dark Chocolate, melted, (use Milk if you like),
- 3 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream.
1. Whisk egg whites and caster sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
2. Sift in the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and almond flour on top of the stiff egg whites.
3. Cut and fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites with a spatula (this process is called 'Macaronage'). Do not over-mix or under-mix.
Over-mixing will result in flat macarons, while under-mixing creates 'cracked' macarons.
Mix until the batter is a 'lava-like' drooping consistency. The batter is ready when it spreads out gradually after being poured.
4. Pour the complete batter in a piping bag and cut the corner.
5. Pipe macaron batter into even circles on a lined baking sheet. Drop the baking sheet 3 times to release any air bubbles.
6. Let the macarons rest and air-dry for 30 minutes to an hour, or until dry to touch.
7. Once dried, bake at 160C for 15-18 minutes. During the process you should see 'feet' forming under the cookies. The macarons are done when the peel off the baking sheet easily.
For the Chocolate Ganache filling;
1. Melt dark chocolate with cream in the microwave or over a 'bain-marie' (double boiler- a pan of simmering water under a bowl). Mix well to combine and you're done!
Fill or pipe this filling in between 2 cookies and decorate with Cocoa Powder or edible glitter/luster dust! Enjoy.
Saturday, 21 September 2013
A soft, creamy cheesecake on top of crunchy, buttery Oreo and Digestive cookies, swirled with a decadent blueberry sauce.
Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
100g of Oreo Cookies,
100g of Digestive Cookies,
4 Tablespoons of Butter- 2 for each cookie, melted
400g of Cream Cheese,
3 Egg Whites,
1/2 Cup of Sugar,
1 Tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract,
The seeds of 1 Vanilla Bean/ Pod,
2 Tbsps of Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup of Blueberries,
2 Tbsps of Sugar.
For the Blueberry Sauce
1. Blend together the fresh or frozen blueberries along with the sugar until a smooth sauce is formed. You're done!
For the Cheesecake crust
1. Crush Oreo cookies and Digestive biscuits with a rolling pin in two separate sealable food bags. Place the crumbs into two separate bowls and mix 2 tablespoons of Butter into each bowl until the mixture resembles wet sand.
2. Place the Oreo crumbs in a lined cake pan and divide into half, leaving space for the Digestive biscuits.
3. Place the Digestive crumbs into the other half of the cake pan.
4. Press firmly with the back of a spoon. Set this aside.
For the Cheesecake batter
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the Cream Cheese and Sugar until well combined, and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla extract and the seeds of 1 vanilla bean/pod. Whisk well.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are combined. Fold in the heavy whipping cream. Pour the batter on top of the cookie crust.
4. Place tablespoons of the Blueberry Sauce on the batter and swirl with a knife to create a pattern.
5. Bake at 190C until the edge of the cake is the set but the centre should still be slightly wobbly, to ensure the cheesecake isn't overbaked and won't crack.
Eat with family and friends and decorate with Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
Tuesday, 27 August 2013
Delicious chewy, fudgy and brownie-like cookies with a pleasant hazelnut taste and aroma.
Nutella Cookies Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
1 and 1/2 cups of All Purpose Plain Flour,
3 Egg Whites,
1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder,
3/4 cup of Dark Brown Sugar,
1/2 cup of Nutella
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda,
1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract,
50g of Milk Chocolate, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and brown sugar until everything is well combined and no lumps remain.
2. Add in the Nutella and cut into the flour mixture with a knife until crumbly.
3. Mix in the egg whites, baking soda and vanilla extract until a rough dough is formed. Add in the melted milk chocolate.
4. Mix the dough with a spatula once more until a sticky dough is formed.
5. With a large ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set with a slightly soft interior.
Let the cookies cool before serving with a BIG glass of milk. Enjoy!
I love Nutella so much, and I'm sure you'll love this recipe as much as I do!
Saturday, 17 August 2013
These cupcakes are absolutely perfect for any birthday party. They may look normal on the outside, but inside, they are filled with a creamy, vanilla custard waiting to be oozed out and suprised by anyone. Topped off with whipped cream, feel free to decorate them your way!
Birthday Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
45g of Bread Flour,
3 Egg Yolks,
2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract,
3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil,
2 Tablespoons of Milk,
45g of Sugar,
The seeds from 1 Vanilla Bean/Pod,
3 Egg Whites,
1 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar,
3 Egg Yolks,
The seeds from 1 Vanilla Bean/Pod,
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract,
1/2 Cup of Sugar,
1 Tbsp of Cornstarch,
3 Cups of Fresh Milk
- Whipped Cream**
3/4 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream,
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Bread Flour, Egg Yolks, Vanilla Extract, Oil, Milk and Sugar until pale, thick and creamy.
2. Add in the seeds from the Vanilla Pod and whisk well until the seeds are evenly visible and distributed through the batter.
3. In another large bowl, whisk Egg Whites and Cream of Tartar until stiff peaks are formed and Egg Whites are glossy. When the bowl is tipped, the Egg Whites should not fall out or move. If it moves, whisk longer until it does not move at all.
4. Fold the Egg Whites, with a rubber spatula, into the Egg Yolk batter, gently and gradually., until a complete batter is formed. Be gentle and don't whisk vigorously otherwise you will lose the air beaten for the Egg Whites, resulting in an unfavorable texture (chewy).
5. Divide batter equally into a lined cupcake pan. Bake at 180C for 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick or a skewer is clean when inserted into the centre of a cupcake.
6. Let the cupcakes cool before decorating.
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl for 5-8 minutes until the mixture is pale and thick.
2. Heat up the milk in a large saucepan on medium-high heat, along with, vanilla beans, and the used vanilla pod, until it just comes to a boil. Take 3 tablespoons of the milk and mix with the constarch to create a slurry.
3. Remove the vanilla pod. Pour the hot milk over the egg yolks while whisking constantly. When completely mixed in, return to the pan. Pour in your cornstarch slurry.
4. Stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will take about 5-6 minutes.
5. Once completed, sieve the custard with a strainer into a large bowl in case of any cooked or curdled eggs.
6. Stir in your vanilla extract well. It's now done!
1. Whip the cream with the sugar until soft peaks form. Don't over mix or it could turn into butter and seperate. You could also add vanilla extract!
Decorating the Cupcakes
1. Place the Custard and Cream into two seperate piping bags fitted with star piping tips.
2. Poke a hole into the center of each cupcakes and slowly pipe in the custard until the cupcake feels 'full'. Scrape of and remove any excess custard on top.
3. Pipe the Whipped Cream on the cupcakes. Decorate with colorful edible sprinkles, Oreos, or even fruits. It's up to you. Be as creative as you like- enjoy!
Sunday, 11 August 2013
A soft and rich Chocolate Cake sits on top of a crunchy, buttery Oreo base. All underneath a bed layer of whipped cream under a bed of fresh and sweet fruits.
Oreo Chocolate Cake Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
15 Oreo cookies, crushed,
2 Tablespoons of Melted Butter,
45g of Bread flour,
2 Egg Yolks,
3 Tablespoons of Melted Chocolate Chips,
3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder,
2 Tablespoons of Oil,
3 Tablespoons of Milk,
2 Egg Whites,
50g of Sugar,
Whipped Cream, Fruits, Oreo cookies, and Powdered Sugar to garnish.
Oreo Cookie base
1. Crush 15 Oreo cookies in a plastic food bag with a rolling pin. Get rid of your stress and whack the cookies hard into fine crumbs. You could also use a food processor, but that's not fun!
2. Mix the crushed Oreo cookie crumbs with the melted butter until they are moistened
3. Pour the cookie mixture into a lined cake pan and press evenly across the base. Set aside in the fridge.
Making the Chocolate Cake
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the bread flour, egg yolks, melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder, oil, and milk. Whisk everything for about 3-5 minutes until the mixture is thick, and gluten strands should appear.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy. Use
3. Gradually fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture gently, until everything is well combined. Do not over mix as this would deflate the air from the egg whites resulting in a hard, dense cake.
4. Pour the complete Chocolate Cake batter on top of the Oreo cookie base. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes.Let the cake cool before decorating.
5. To decorate, whip 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 tbsp of sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer this mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe and decorate!
Garnish the cake with fresh fruits such as raspberries and blueberries or chocolate shavings and enjoy!
Fluffy and soft sponge cakes, with sweet mangoes under creamy custard and freshly whipped cream. Feel free to use any fruit you'd like!
Fresh Fruit and Cream Sponge Cakes Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
6 Egg Yolks,
6 Egg Whites,
90g of Sugar,
1 Tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract,
2 Tbsps of Milk,
3 Tbsps of Oil,
1 Tsp of Cream of TarTar,
80g of Bread Flour,
2 Ripe Mangos,
3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream,
2 Tbsps of Sugar.
Powdered Sugar to garnish.
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the Bread Flour, Egg Yolks, Oil, Milk and Pure Vanilla Extract. Whisk this mixture together for 3-5 minutes vigorously until the batter becomes thick and gluten strands should appear.
2. In another large bowl, whisk together the Egg Whites, Cream of TarTar and the Sugar until stiff peaks form, and are glossy.
3. Fold Egg Whites into Egg Yolk mixture gently until it is all combined together. Do not overmix as this will deflate all of the air you have whipped into the egg whites, making for a dense, chewy,
4. Pout the complete batter into a rectangular baking pan (swiss roll pan), spread out batter evenly, and bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let the cake cool. Cut out the cake into circles with a wide cookie cutter. Cut your mango into bite size cubes. Whip the Heavy Whipping Cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
Decorate as you like by piping the cream and drizzling on custard. Enjoy this layered, professional and elegant dessert!