Sunday, 11 August 2013
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes Recipe
Fluffy and soft cupcakes, scented with vanilla and oozing with fresh whipped cream in the center.
Hokkaiado Chiffon Cupcakes Recipe Recipe by iSaamuel
2 Egg Yolks,
2 Egg Whites,
65g of Sugar,
2 Tsps of Pure Vanilla Extract,
3 Tbsps of Milk,
3 Tbsps of Vegetable Oil,
70g of Cake Flour,
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream,
Powdered Sugar to garnish.
1. Whisk together the Egg Yolks and Sugar until thick and creamy with a Whisk or Electric Beaters. Add Vanilla Extract, Oil and Milk and whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. Sift in Cake flour and whisk gently, taking care not to overmix.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk the Egg Whites until stiff peaks form. Fold Egg Whites into the Egg Yolk mixture gently.
4. Once your batter is complete, evenly distribute cupcake batter into a lined cupcake tin.
5. Bake cupcakes at 180C for 15-25 minutes.
6. Let the cupcakes cool. Whip the Heavy Whipping Cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form. Do not 'over beat' or it will turn into butter!
7. Place cream in a piping bag, and using the piping tip, poke a hole into the center each of the cupcakes and gently squeeze cream until it feels full.
8. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This beautiful dessert will please anyone. Enjoy!